Liven up your holiday party with these Adobo BBQ recipes November 26 2018, 0 Comments
Dare to venture out of the same old cocktail meatballs for your holiday get together! Ditch the snoring, boring meatballs in marinara. Spice up the holidays with new flavors. Your guests will LOVE It.
Best Boy Chicken Adobo Meatballs
1 lb ground chicken
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 egg, whisked
1/3 c bread crumbs
1 t Worcestershire Sauce
2 t Teriyaki Sauce
1 t dried oregano
1 T dried thyme
1 T brown sugar
1 t Salt (preferably Kosher salt)
1/2 t Pepper
1 c Best Boy Adobo BBQ Sauce
1/3 c sliced green onions (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray broiler pan with canola oil. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and form about 30 meatballs (smaller than a golf ball size). Arrange on the broiler pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Mix cooked meatballs with Best Boy Adobo Bar B Que sauce and sprinkle with green onions , if desired. Prepare to amaze your guests!
HOLIDAY HACK: Use frozen Chicken Meatballs instead. We recommend Aidell's Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Meatballs. They're delish and ready in a flash!!
Ann's White Chicken Chili May 24 2016, 0 Comments
Here at Best Boy & Co we believe a good, hearty soup is perfect any time of year and this one is no exception. It is healthy, is best made ahead and seldom gives you leftovers. Why? Because it is so good!
Ann’s White Chicken Chili
2 cups diced yellow onion
1 cup diced celery
½ each diced red and yellow pepper
5 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup chopped carrot
½ cup corn kernels
½ cup vegetable oil
1 pound diced cooked chicken meat
8 cups chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 can (4.5 oz.) green chilies
3 oz. chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
½ t. cumin
½ t. dry mustard
1 T. Best Boy Ancho spice
1 minced jalapeno
2 pounds’ white beans, precooked
½ cup cream
16 oz. sour cream
1 cup finely chopped scallion tops
Sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. In a large pot add stock, chicken, sautéed vegetables and all dry ingredients and simmer for 1 ½ hours. Add the drained beans and the cream. Warm through and serve with sour cream, scallion garnish and Best Boy’s Redhead Hot Sauce.
Pork Sliders with Green Apple Slaw March 27 2016, 0 Comments
Pork Sliders with Green Apple Slaw
A great recipe using both our Carolina BBQ sauce AND
our award-winning deli mustard!
Pork Sliders with Green Apple Slaw
2 lb pork tenderloin
⅓ C of Best Boy & Co Carolina BBQ sauce
2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and julienned with peel on
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
½ C olive oil
¼ C red wine vinegar
¼ C Best Boy & Co deli-mustard
1 tsp sugar
pinch kosher salt
fresh black pepper, to taste
Grill or bake pork until cooked to 145 degrees internal temperature. Brush with Carolina BBQ sauce.
Combine olive oil, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper in a medium bowl. Toss in julienned apples and shallot.
Slice pork. Place on a slider bun, top with apple slaw.
How to Create the Perfect Ice Cream Sundae February 09 2016, 0 Comments
Here at Best Boy & Co we are passionate about our hot fudge...and hot fudge sundaes.
We believe there is ONE perfect way to make the PERFECT hot fudge sundae- and we are sharing that way with you today!
Bacon, Sweet Potato and Pomegranate Power Bowls February 03 2016, 0 Comments
Bacon, Sweet Potato and Pomegranate Power Bowls
½ lb Maple Leaf Farms duck bacon or your favorite local bacon
2 lg shallots, diced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced small
2 TB butter
1 Tb pure maple syrup
1 TB Best Boy & Co. Redhead Hot Sauce
10-12 oz fresh baby spinach
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 C cooked farro
½ C pomegranate arils
In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp, remove from pan. Add butter and sweet potatoes, saute until soft. Add shallots, Redhead Hot Sauce, pinch kosher salt, fresh black pepper and maple syrup.
Saute until shallots are soft, on medium heat. Remove from heat.
Fold in fresh spinach and cooked farro. Divide evenly in 4 bowls and top with goat cheese and pomegranate arils.
Pork Chops with Apple Mustard Sauce January 06 2016, 0 Comments
We love to hear from all of you whenever you make something amazing with one of our sauces, rubs or mustard's. Recently, super fan, and amazing cook, Shelley Porter shared a quick recipe with us using a mustard we are testing out. Looks like we need to add Apple Mustard to our lineup!
We love to get your feedback and seeing how YOU enjoy Best Boy & Co! Please be sure to keep sharing with us on our Facebook page as well as on Twitter and Instagram at @BestBoyandCo.
Shelley sauteed finely diced red onion in a bit of butter, added diced (peeled) apples, removed then added pork chops which she cooked on both sides, then added back in the onion apple mixture. She then whisked in a bit of chicken stock, apple mustard and seasoned to taste. She allowed it to simmer a bit and thickened. She removed form heat and stirred in a bit of sour cream to make it a bit more creamy- and that's it! A quick weeknight meal fit for a king- and using Best Boy & Co mustard. Thank you for sharing Shelley!
Zucchini and Goat Cheese Galettes August 05 2015, 0 Comments
For the filling:
- 2 medium zucchini - 1 yellow, 1 green (sliced 1/4 inch thickness)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- drizzle of garlic infused olive oil
- liberal dusting of Best Boy Tuscan Blend and pepper, to taste
- few sprigs of fresh thyme, to top
For the pie dough:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 egg yolk (for egg wash)
1. Slice zucchini with a mandolin and place flat on a tray with a clean cloth or paper towel. Sprinkle with
salt to help draw out the moisture. Allow at least 20-30 minutes for this process ahead of time, so you
won't end up with wet, soggy pastry.
2. Make the dough. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, break up butter in a large mixing bowl, leaving some
big chunks and mix with flour and salt. Add ice-cold water to flour mixture and mix until it just comes
together. You don't want to over work your dough or it will become a very dense, not having the flaky
delicate quality's you want.
3. Once your dough ball comes together, split into two and wrap in cellophane. Refrigerate for about 30
minutes. Ideally, to cool the dough faster, you should flatten and shape into a circle, then chill.
4. Flour your work surface and place unwrapped dough on table and using a rolling-pin, roll-out the
dough to a thickness of about 1/8 inch. It doesn't have to be perfect, just be careful you don't roll it too
thin, otherwise you'll risk getting a hole in the process, forcing you to start over again, and overwork the
5. Building the galettes are a simple process. Once your pie dough is rolled out to the desired thickness,
add your goat cheese in small rough chunks. More is better in our books, but remember to leave
yourself about 1 - 1.5 inches from the edge for folding.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 of the grated Parmesan over the goat cheese, and start arranging your zucchini slices in a
neat circular pattern. Drizzle a small amount of the garlic olive oil over the top, add a liberal amount of
Tuscan Blend and a dash of pepper to taste. Now you can start folding the edges to where your
ingredients start, folding all the edges in. Repeat the process for the second galette. Place them in the
fridge for about 10 minutes while your oven heats up.
7. Preheat oven to 400 F.
8. With a pastry brush, gently brush sides of the galettes with egg yolk to give the dough a beautiful
golden color while baking.
9. Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes (this will depend on your oven and its temperature) and
remember to rotate your tray at the halfway mark.
10. Let the galettes cool on a rack for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Southwestern Deviled Eggs March 22 2015, 0 Comments
It's time to whip out ALL the egg recipes- it's Easter time! You may have some leftover hard boiled eggs and this recipe is a great way to use them up! This is easy, fast and best of all- uses our Redhead hot sauce!
Mustard-Glazed Chicken with Roasted Vegetables March 22 2015, 0 Comments
This simple recipe makes enough for more than one meal. Save a chicken breast for a quick chicken salad sandwich later in the week and puree the leftover veggies with a bit of chicken stock and a splash of milk for a hearty soup. Most importantly of all- use out high quality, award winning deli-mustard in this recipe.
Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding! April 07 2014, 0 CommentsA savory bread pudding with unexpected flavor combinations you will love! Using BB&Co products too- did I mention Bacon and Bourbon too?
Zesty Chicken Salad using our Deli-Mustard! March 19 2014, 0 Comments
Want to update your traditional chicken salad? Toss it with a few tablespoons of our gourmet deli-mustard!
- 1 lb of cooked chicken (cubed) cook yourself or use rotisserie
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- a pinch of dried rosemary
- 1 C of red grapes, sliced in half
- 2 TB of chopped walnuts (toasting optional)
- 1/2 C of mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- 2 heaping TB of Best Boy and Co deli-mustard
- pinch salt/black pepper
- lettuce leaves to garnish
- 4 pitas ( I used Toufayan Bakeries )
- Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Allow to chill 2 hours.
Wayne's Wing Sauce February 05 2014, 0 Comments
1/3 cup Redhead, then add Brunette to get to a 1/2 cup
Melt butter in a pan, whisk in hot sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
Brush on cooked meat of your choice- BEST on wings!
Fisherman's Eggs February 03 2014, 0 Comments
Wayne shared a photo of Fisherman's Eggs on his Facebook page a few days ago and several people asked for the recipe. So here it is!
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache January 26 2014, 0 Comments
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Caramel: Best Boy & Co. – Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, cake flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. Combine the coffee, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until the mixture is smooth. Add egg and mix to incorporate. Stir in ½ of the cocoa mixture, followed by the coffee mixture and the last ½ of the cocoa mixture.
- Evenly divide the batter in the cupcake pan. Each well should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack until ready to frost.
- Warm Best Boy Caramel slightly in microwave. Stir.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Bring cream to a gentle simmer in a small pan. Immediately pour warm cream over chocolate. Let sit for 10 minutes then stir in butter and whisk until ganache is smooth. Ganache should firm up enough for frosting before piping.
- Use a paring knife to cut a cone out of the center of the cupcake and set aside. Fill hole with about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce. Replace cake cone and frost with ganache. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Really GREAT Chocolate Cake January 02 2014, 0 Comments
Really Great Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9” cake pans. Add all dry ingredients, except sugar, to mixer bowl and stir to combine. Add all other ingredients, except boiling water, and mix to combine. Slow mixer and carefully add the boiling water. Mix batter on high speed for a minute. Pour the batter into the two cake pans evenly and bake for 30-35 minutes. Toothpick check for doneness. Let cool a bit then remove from pans and cool completely.
Chocolate Butter Cream
- 2 ½ sticks of butter at room temp.
- ¾ cup natural cocoa.
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. espresso powder
Add cocoa and softened butter to stand mixer. Cream together until well combined. Add sugar and cream in four alternating additions, mixing well between adds. After all additions mix at high speed for about a minute. Add vanilla and espresso powder and combine well.
Frost the cooled cake as you would like.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with BB&Co Caramel Drizzle October 31 2013, 0 Comments
Want the recipe for the Pumpkin Bread Pudding that BB&Co creator Wayne Shive served at the YELP Indy Black Magic event on Halloween? Well, here it is! Be sure to serve it with a generous drizzle of one of our caramel sauces of course :)
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 16 oz. dried or toasted bread cubes (about 6 cups).
- 3 cups light cream
- 5 large eggs
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup dried current
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger powder
- ½ t. nutmeg powder
- ½ t. salt
Set oven to 425 degrees.
Place bread cubes in a bowl and pour in the cream. Stir and let soak. In a bowl add the pumpkin, eggs, sugars, currents, pecans, vanilla and spices. Stir to combine. Add to the bread mixture and combine. Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch dish and place on middle shelf in oven. Lower temp after 10 minutes to 350 degrees and continue baking for 45 minutes or until custard is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Drizzle with Best Boy & Co. Ginger infused Caramel sauce and a touch of whipped cream.
Pumpkin Butter Cake October 22 2013, 0 Comments
Pumpkin Butter Cake
- 1 box of butter yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin (OR roast your own pie pumpkin)
- 8 oz of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C powdered sugar
- topping of choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in large bowl, add to that the cake mix and beaten egg.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an 9x13 pan coated in nonstick spray.
- In another bowl, melt the other stick of butter.
- Beat in the eggs, cream cheese, pumpkin, salt and spices.
- Blend in the vanilla and slowly add in the sugar.
- Pour over the crust dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- The center will bake to a jiggly finish.
- I stored this in the refrigerator because I liked the cold consistency better.