How to Create the Perfect Ice Cream Sundae February 09 2016, 0 Comments
Here at Best Boy & Co we are passionate about our hot fudge...and hot fudge sundaes.
We believe there is ONE perfect way to make the PERFECT hot fudge sundae- and we are sharing that way with you today!
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache January 26 2014, 0 Comments
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Caramel: Best Boy & Co. – Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, cake flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. Combine the coffee, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until the mixture is smooth. Add egg and mix to incorporate. Stir in ½ of the cocoa mixture, followed by the coffee mixture and the last ½ of the cocoa mixture.
- Evenly divide the batter in the cupcake pan. Each well should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack until ready to frost.
- Warm Best Boy Caramel slightly in microwave. Stir.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Bring cream to a gentle simmer in a small pan. Immediately pour warm cream over chocolate. Let sit for 10 minutes then stir in butter and whisk until ganache is smooth. Ganache should firm up enough for frosting before piping.
- Use a paring knife to cut a cone out of the center of the cupcake and set aside. Fill hole with about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce. Replace cake cone and frost with ganache. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Really GREAT Chocolate Cake January 02 2014, 0 Comments
Really Great Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9” cake pans. Add all dry ingredients, except sugar, to mixer bowl and stir to combine. Add all other ingredients, except boiling water, and mix to combine. Slow mixer and carefully add the boiling water. Mix batter on high speed for a minute. Pour the batter into the two cake pans evenly and bake for 30-35 minutes. Toothpick check for doneness. Let cool a bit then remove from pans and cool completely.
Chocolate Butter Cream
- 2 ½ sticks of butter at room temp.
- ¾ cup natural cocoa.
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. espresso powder
Add cocoa and softened butter to stand mixer. Cream together until well combined. Add sugar and cream in four alternating additions, mixing well between adds. After all additions mix at high speed for about a minute. Add vanilla and espresso powder and combine well.
Frost the cooled cake as you would like.