Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding! April 07 2014, 0 CommentsA savory bread pudding with unexpected flavor combinations you will love! Using BB&Co products too- did I mention Bacon and Bourbon too?
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache January 26 2014, 0 Comments
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Caramel: Best Boy & Co. – Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, cake flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. Combine the coffee, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until the mixture is smooth. Add egg and mix to incorporate. Stir in ½ of the cocoa mixture, followed by the coffee mixture and the last ½ of the cocoa mixture.
- Evenly divide the batter in the cupcake pan. Each well should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack until ready to frost.
- Warm Best Boy Caramel slightly in microwave. Stir.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Bring cream to a gentle simmer in a small pan. Immediately pour warm cream over chocolate. Let sit for 10 minutes then stir in butter and whisk until ganache is smooth. Ganache should firm up enough for frosting before piping.
- Use a paring knife to cut a cone out of the center of the cupcake and set aside. Fill hole with about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce. Replace cake cone and frost with ganache. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with BB&Co Caramel Drizzle October 31 2013, 0 Comments
Want the recipe for the Pumpkin Bread Pudding that BB&Co creator Wayne Shive served at the YELP Indy Black Magic event on Halloween? Well, here it is! Be sure to serve it with a generous drizzle of one of our caramel sauces of course :)
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 16 oz. dried or toasted bread cubes (about 6 cups).
- 3 cups light cream
- 5 large eggs
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup dried current
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger powder
- ½ t. nutmeg powder
- ½ t. salt
Set oven to 425 degrees.
Place bread cubes in a bowl and pour in the cream. Stir and let soak. In a bowl add the pumpkin, eggs, sugars, currents, pecans, vanilla and spices. Stir to combine. Add to the bread mixture and combine. Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch dish and place on middle shelf in oven. Lower temp after 10 minutes to 350 degrees and continue baking for 45 minutes or until custard is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Drizzle with Best Boy & Co. Ginger infused Caramel sauce and a touch of whipped cream.
Pumpkin Butter Cake October 22 2013, 0 Comments
Pumpkin Butter Cake
- 1 box of butter yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin (OR roast your own pie pumpkin)
- 8 oz of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C powdered sugar
- topping of choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in large bowl, add to that the cake mix and beaten egg.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an 9x13 pan coated in nonstick spray.
- In another bowl, melt the other stick of butter.
- Beat in the eggs, cream cheese, pumpkin, salt and spices.
- Blend in the vanilla and slowly add in the sugar.
- Pour over the crust dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- The center will bake to a jiggly finish.
- I stored this in the refrigerator because I liked the cold consistency better.