Win a Best Boy Mustard Trio! Giveaway Over:( May 07 2014, 8 Comments
We are excited! Over the moon! Could NOT be happier!
WHY you ask?
Our already famous, certainly beloved and highly requested deli-mustard just WON the highest honor in the world of mustard: Gold Medal Grainy Mustard at the 2014 World-Wide Mustard Competition held this month at the National Mustard Museum!!
We want to share this trio of mustard with one of YOU! Just leave a comment below sharing one way YOU would use this mustard in your kitchen. From chicken salad sandwiches to a dollop brushed on a roasted ham- these 3 beauties will kick anything up a notch!
Leave ONE comment per person between Wednesday May 7-Wednesday May 14. ONE winner will be randomly drawn at 9 pm est and notified via email. WInners must live in the contiguous United States.
(Click on the names below to see them on the National Mustard Museum website)
Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding! April 07 2014, 0 CommentsA savory bread pudding with unexpected flavor combinations you will love! Using BB&Co products too- did I mention Bacon and Bourbon too?
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache January 26 2014, 0 Comments
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Caramel: Best Boy & Co. – Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, cake flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. Combine the coffee, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until the mixture is smooth. Add egg and mix to incorporate. Stir in ½ of the cocoa mixture, followed by the coffee mixture and the last ½ of the cocoa mixture.
- Evenly divide the batter in the cupcake pan. Each well should be about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack until ready to frost.
- Warm Best Boy Caramel slightly in microwave. Stir.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Bring cream to a gentle simmer in a small pan. Immediately pour warm cream over chocolate. Let sit for 10 minutes then stir in butter and whisk until ganache is smooth. Ganache should firm up enough for frosting before piping.
- Use a paring knife to cut a cone out of the center of the cupcake and set aside. Fill hole with about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce. Replace cake cone and frost with ganache. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.