Warm White Bean Dip~ With a Dash of Redhead Hot Sauce! January 27 2015, 0 Comments
You need this dip in your life.
Need some Redhead hot sauce? Then visit one of our retailers (click HERE for list) OR come see us at ETC for the Home on January 31st in Bloomington, Indiana. We will be sampling our sauces there along with Local Folks Foods, Harvest Cafe Coffee Roasters, Piazza Foods and Edible Indy Magazine! Edible Indy is also serving cheesecake and empanadas with our sauces as garnish. Come see us from 11-3!
- 1 lb bag of dried Great Northern Hurst Beans
- 7 C water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 TB Redhead Hot Sauce from Best Boy & CO
- 1 8 oz package of reduced fat cream cheese
- 8 oz of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, reserve just a bit to finish off the dip before serving (garnish)
- 2 4 oz cans of chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 C of cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Place in slow cooker with 7 C water.
- Place lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until tender.
- Drain remaining water.
- Mash beans with a potato masher.
- Stir in cheeses, seasonings, hot sauce, chilies, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours.
- Keep an eye out to avoid overheating.
- Can be held on warm once the cheeses are melted until serving.
- Dust with a bit of the remaining Monterey Jack cheese before serving.