The Best Baked Ham Recipe April 10 2014, 0 Comments
Everyone has a favorite ham recipe. I do, you do- we all do. But this one may change your mind. Sweet and zesty- it comes together in minutes and tastes incredible. Best part- you use OUR famous deli-mustard in the recipe. SCORE!
Peach Jam Glazed Ham
- 1 fully cooked, bone in shank end ham (about 9 lbs)
- 1/2 C peach preserves
- 1/4 C OUR deli-style mustard
- 1/4 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place ham on a large platter and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove skin and all but a 1/4 inch layer of fat from the ham.
- Set fat side up in center of roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine preserves, mustard, sugar and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Brush half of peach mixture on ham.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and brush on remaining peach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature on a thermometer reaches 140 degrees (1 1/2 hours) and basting every 15-20 minutes.
- If bottom of roasting pan begins to scorch add about 1/4 C of water to pan and continue basting.
- Transfer ham to a large cutting board.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.